I wanted to take a moment to share some thoughts about the focus of the NextChapters blog. What might you expect to find?
My plans are to address a multitude of aspects related to the autobiographical and life story form. Here is a list:
- Observations on the autobiographical genre.
- The benefits of creating an autobiography, with a focus on the psychological.
- Reviews, analysis, and commentary on autobiographies. The well-known and not known at all.
- Thoughts on methods of creation and analysis applicable to autobiography.
- Philosophical issues surrounding life story analysis, such as destiny, society, and life’s purpose.
- Designing one’s future life chapters.
- Interviews with narrative researchers and autobiographical authors. I may include memoir writers as well.
- Reflections on and links to interesting articles and lists of newly published autobiographies.
I have little doubt the topics will evolve and find new directions, with time.
Thanks for reading.
Dr. John Cain